QualificationThe Team England menu above lists the ranking events calendars. A minimum of 8 events must be played from the (typically) 15 scheduled, and the highest 8 points scoring events will count. In addition any male or female player ranked in the top ten of the ETBF rankings at the end of the year AND has played a minimum of 5 Team England events will also be invited to join the squad. Professional bowlers with a proven track record in the sport would also be considered for the Team England squad, thereby making themselves available for selection.
Ranking Points: please note that all scoresheets must be signed by an opponent from the same pair of lanes (defined where possible as the player directly opposite on the same pair) as well as the player. Both the player and the opposing person signing are responsible for the accuracy of the information recorded. Failure to do so may lead to the loss of ranking points and/or disqualification from a tournament.
- Must be a member of the Governing Body in good standing.
- Must have participated in the appropriate ranking events to qualify for selection
- Must be prepared to sign a Code of Conduct/Terms of Reference, to which it is essential to adhere.
- Must be prepared to give priority to Team England training sessions.
- Must be willing to train and develop to become a world class bowler.
- Must be prepared to act in accordance with the instructions of the Squad/Team Manager.
- Must be prepared to be a good ambassador for their Sport and Country, at all times.
- Ability required to accept instruction, both on and off the lanes.
- Ability required to interact with team members
- Ability required to be prepared for the unexpected, and also versatile.
- Ability required to react under pressure.
The selectors will look at each individual bowler after accepting input from either Team England or personal Coaches. They will consider past performances and the bowler's ability to win medals. Consideration will also be given to behaviour on and off the lanes.