BTBA Chairman, Ron Griffin, spoke briefly at the Senior ICC Dinner on Saturday, October 15th and took the opportunity to provide an update on the current situation with Head Office administration, and the reason behind the change of the registered address.
“We have come to the end of the 9 month pilot program outsourcing the Head Office Administrative functions to Matchpoint Europe. Whilst there were a significant number of positives coming out of the pilot - like the definition of our requirements and detailing some of the main back room processes that few ever actually see - we know that we have fallen short of providing the level of service demanded by our members. On behalf of the Executive Council of the BTBA, I would advise that the relationship between the BTBA and Matchpoint Europe has come to an end. We are now looking at finalising a different, decentralised approach to the administrative services.”
Mr. Griffin went on to explain that the bulk of the workload is being taken up by members of the Executive Council as below:
- Lisa John is now responsible for all communications - she will be handling all emails that are received via firstname.lastname@example.org with a plan to redirect all enquiries to the appropriate National Council member for resolution. She is also looking after all outgoing communication which includes the Inside Line, Newsletters, Social Media and the BTBA website.
- Terry Searle will be handling all telephone calls on 020 8478 1745. This is once again the only number that should be used to contact the BTBA by Phone. Terry is also responsible for handling Coaching and Officials licences.
- Jerry Moll is dealing with Tournament Sanctions and can be contacted on email@example.com
- The main chunk of work that relates to memberships and League sanction is being managed by Dave Steiner, and we are in the process of implementing an online membership database system which we hope to have up and running by the end of the year.
- Ron Griffin is dealing with BTBA finances and DBS certificates.
In closing, the Chairman asked that we continue to be patient whilst we work through this new transition, and allow us a little extra time to get things done right. In particular you should all be aware that we have not issued all of the membership cards. We know that we have a large back log which we are working hard to clear. We will announce when we believe that all leagues have been sanctioned and cards issued.
The new address of the BTBA is:
British Tenpin Bowling Association
C/O Newton Magnus Ltd
The email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 020 8478 1745 remain the same.